The G. Clifton Eames Leadership Award was established to recognize the contributions of outstanding BRLI alumni. It was inspired by Clif Eames, whose leadership as a local businessperson and commitment to the Bangor Region serves as an illustration of what an outstanding leader truly is. Each year, the award is given to a BRLI alumnus who has used their leadership skills, knowledge, and resources to benefit the community and the region.
The 2022 recipient of the award was Renee Kelly of UMaine. Nominations for this award are accepted in the spring of each year. Please read below for the eligibility, criteria, and process for submitting a nomination.
Eligibility & Criteria
- Only alumni of BRLI are eligible to receive the award. Anyone may nominate alumni for the award.
- Nominees should be individuals who have demonstrated exceptional leadership resulting in a significant impact in the community and continued to enhance the region by their participation within the community.
- The individual should illustrate their ongoing support of BRLI through their demonstrated advocacy or participation through various efforts that strengthen the sustainability of the program (sponsor, donor, host, committee member, presenter, etc.)
- The nominee should be someone who contributes to the community above and beyond the scope of their professional responsibilities. This person is someone who gives their time to better the region through volunteerism, mentoring, and community outreach.
- Online or in a letter that includes your name, address, phone number, and year you graduated from the Institute (if applicable) state the reasons why you believe the individual you are nominating should receive the G. Clifton Eames Leadership Award by answering the following questions:
- What has the individual succeeded in doing that demonstrates their commitment to improving leadership within the region? What specific action led to this success?
- What are this individual’s leadership skills and characteristics?
- In what ways has this individual had an impact on the quality of life in the region or their community?
- How has this person impacted others?
- How has this individual added to the sustainability of the BRLI program?
Anonymous nominations will not be accepted. No self-nominations, please. Please submit your nomination online or email it to Shelly Reilly, Program Coordinator for the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce. If you have any questions, please call 207-947-0307.
- Jillian Piehler – 2019
- Shirar Patterson – 2018
- Kelly Pearson – 2017
- Elizabeth Sutherland – 2016
- Bob Potts – 2015
- Kerrie Tripp – 2014
- Glenn Mower – 2013
- Gary Creaser – 2012
- Jane Searles – 2011
- Dennis Marble – 2010
- Deb Neuman – 2009
- Bill Lucy – 2008
- Dick Cattelle – 2007
- Carol Colson – 2006
- Rob Reeves – 2005
- Jon Eames – 2004
- Merlene Sanborn – 2002
- Karl Ward – 2001
Eames Leadership Nomination