At this year’s Annual Breakfast, BRLI alum and leadership gathered to welcome the Class of 2016. Cynthia Bergin, Class of 2014, joined us from Camden National Bank and offered the class these Top 10 Thoughts and Pieces of Advice from BRLI Alumni:
- You WILL know every one of your 26 classmates’ names by the time you go home tonight, we promise. By the end of tomorrow, you will likely have met your next best friend.
- Don’t be shy, speak up, and participate. Everyone gets nervous. Don’t worry about it!
- Enjoy your time with your classmates. It goes by fast and is over before you know it.
- Stretch outside of your comfort zone. It’s worth the growth.
- As said in Dead Poet’s Society, SIEZE THE DAY! CARPE DIEM! Listen, ask questions, challenge the Norm!
- Be positive and optimistic in your experiences.
- Engage yourself in each and every day. Read ahead and get to know your presenters. Be prepared.
- Prepare yourself for the Amazing Race. Run and have fun!
- Get ready to climb to new heights!
- Finally, sit with different people at every chance. You may find more friends than you ever hoped for. These are going to be the people who are going to be your Anchors!
Congratulations to each and every one member of the Class of 2016! Special thanks to the 2015 Annual Breakfast sponsor, Camden National Bank! BRLI is a program of the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce. For more information, please contact the Chamber at 207-947-0307.